Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Rude Asians...

Asians are rude!!

Before you label me as racist, let me prove my point. I have noticed it over many many days, that many Asians lack basic social skills. And the most important is politeness. I am not expecting everyone to behave oh so formally...calling everyone 'Sir' and speaking in 3rd person perspective all the time. I am talking about simple little things like asking and being polite.

So, for the past few weeks, I have been working my one of the TV rooms in PGP at night. Its nice and AC, has cozy seats and mostly the power sockets are not occupied. Many times me and TheWeed watch some TV shows while studying working. (Yea..if you wanna see the spectacle of two guys trying to multi-task, come join us..) So, many people assume that we are not watching TV and that they can change channels without asking us. Thats just rude. How much effort does it take to ask??

Moreover, many times people will sit and worst still STAND right in front of the TV. Hello!! You are not transparent you know. (Should really get my brother here...hehe). Worst of all was when this guy was folding his laundry in front of the TV....

Then, there are people who make a lot of noise in the TV room. I mean have no qualms about friends talking, chatting and all. But music?? Please...I don't want to listen to your music. When will people realise the existance of headphones? And then there was once a group of people who asked us to lower the TV's audio volume,(and it was not at all loud..) cos they couldn't hear each other!!! Hello!! This is the TV ROOM... If its too loud for you.....go out...

Anyway, my point in all this is that I realised that most people who do such things are Asians. Most of the ang mohs I have seen in there are really polite. They ask before changing channels and every before turning up/down the volume. They run across the front if they have to, so as not to block anybody's view..

It's a fact that I have noticed...And TheWeed will confirm.. I am not racist..Just embarassed by my fellow asians...

No comments: