Saturday, October 01, 2005

Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain

Pardon my French.....



I watched this movie again yesterday. (Please dont ask me why I am watching movies...:$)

I still find it a very amazing movie. Its a really simple story about an amazing lady named Amélie Poulain. She is played by the lovable Audrey Tautou. The best part is, at the end you feel very nice, very elated. The beauty lies in the simplicity of the movie. The There is no drama, no crying, no fighting, no Kutte...Mein tera khoon pee jaaungaa.

There is this really descriptive and yet captivating narration in many scenes. The jokes are hillarious and the music by Yann Tiersen.... What can I say about the music? You have to listen to it and tell me.

I saw the French version and I feel that its better than the English one. Of course, I don't know much French (You probably don't want to hear the French words that I know..;)) but then what are the sub-titles for??? Also the French language just adds to the simplicity and naiveness of the movie.

I am generally not a big fan of movies, but this is one of my favourite.

So, do watch it if you get a chance (or a torrent...:P:P). And try to watch the French version.

Au Revoir...

No comments: