Monday, January 30, 2006

My Obsession with Sound.

I am obsessed with sound. Its crazy, everywhere I go, I hear sound. Haha..

Jokes aside, sound is really an amazing thing. Everying from it creation to perception is incredible.

Superfacially, it is very simple and elegant. Sound is vibrations of various frequiencies. It travels as longitudinal waves and is perceived by our ear again as a mixture of frequiencies.

However, if you really look into sound, it's huge. Acoustics, the science of sound is an emense field of study, has applications in many other disciplines, has been studies for years and still an active research field, and NOT persued in NUS by any of the Departments. That's sad, for me as well as NUS.....

Anyhow (as Lulu would said...:p), I have decided to start a sound blog. I'll blog about all the cool things about sound and the related fields... Maybe I should move over to other blogging service like Wordpress and use categories... Maybe.... A lot of 'maybe's shall remain 'maybe' untill 2nd May...

No comments: