Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I should learn LaTeX...

After what I went through today... I say I have had enough of M$... Though I do save almost all my reports and other written articles as pdf files, I was still using M$ Word to create them. It is easy and I have been using it for years now.

However, todays episode is the last straw. I dont want to deal with unopenable files, unprintable files and stupid "Oooops your file is now corrupted, your data is all lost. Thanks for using M$"...

LaTeX seems to be the way to go. Though it's difficult to learn it seems very flexible. It also seems to have some kind of style sheets. I dont know how and what... That is what I should find out now... And you can make pdf projector slides as well with LaTeX and stuff like that. That mean I can say "good bye" to M$ Office.. I will only need it to open things....never to create anything.

Haha... freedom at last.... Just need to explore and read... A LOT!!!

No comments: