Wednesday, May 31, 2006

To Commence or not to Commence

Update:

Much to the delight of my Mother, I have decided to go for my Commencement. The last straw was when some friends decided to outcast me, for planning to not attend the Commencement, from right now! Sigh... friends I have...

On the brighter side.. There is gonna be free food!!!!




To Commence or not to Commence that is the question.

I am in a dilema. I don't want to go for my Commencement. But I do.. :S





I feel that Commencement ceremonies/ Convocations and all similar things are just a way to show off your acheivements. It's like a time to go up on the stage and say, 'Look I am so smart, I graduated from NUS!'.

Personally, I feel that there is no great acheivement in graduating from NUS. It's not that big a deal and really... anybody can do it. So what's there to show off? And in anycase I don't like showing off. Plus, its really lame to wait like 3 hours just to go up get a fake certificate and smile while your photo is being taken. The worst of all is the fact that CPE is like the last few course to have convocation. Its like 8pm on 13th June!!

But I really want to go for mt Commencement ceremony. That's possibly the last time I'll get to meet so many of my friends. It will be fun hanging out, wearing stupid gowns and making fun of each other. I am already missing NUS and the people. This will be one chance to go back to NUS and meet so many..

Sigh.. I have to decide by the end of next week... Help please..

No comments: